Well, many reasons:
- it's very calm and peaceful
- there's not much traffic
- the cars that are around overtake with a great distance to the side
- and they see me (during the day, for example, I'm often overlooked when I approach a junction from a one-way street that is open for cyclists in both directions)
- cycling at night is safe, much safer than using public transport or walking
- and it's pretty fast too (as most traffic lights are switched off)
What do you like (or not like) about cycling at night? Any blissful experiences that you want to share?