Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cycling the campus

Long time since I wrote last, I must apologize. I was off on holiday in India, and then got pretty sick for a while. But now me and Paula are back!


This semester I attend my first Hindi course which takes place at the Institute for South Asian Studies at the Altes AKH. The Altes AKH is a very special place in Vienna. It is a former hospital (hence AKH = Allgemeines Krankenhaus) in the 9th district. These days most of the humanities of the University of Vienna are located there. It has a lot of green an peaceful courtyards with restaurants, shops, bookstores etc. There are also a lot of benches and trees there to quietly read a book...

walking and cycling at altes akh

The Altes AKH campus is carfree (apart from delivery), but cycling is allowed. There are also plenty of bike racks all over the plot, much different to other university sites. It was possible to park Paula directly at the entrance of the Institute for South Asian Studies, nice. Cycling should always feel so easy and comfortable :-).

6 comments:

Ryan A. said...

ah! so cool. You are so lucky!

Dottie said...

India, I'd love to hear more about that. Sorry you were ill, but I'm glad to hear that you're better. I wish I could be starting a new school year, instead of living the endless life of a career person - booo.

Velouria said...

Glad that you are back and feeling better. I love the Altes AKH and the bicycles there!

Anonymous said...

what a nice ride!
Paul

Gippy Cycles said...

Gippy Cycles range includes; baby helmets, toddler bike helmets, kids helmets, and youth helmets.

Gippy Cycles

themyrtlebeachbicyclefix said...

Cycling the campus is an effective way to improve personal fitness, save money, spend time outdoors or avoid the inconvenience of traffic jams. This can be a daunting task with limited time and restricted environment if you could not find a proper guide online. Here are some useful tips on how to cycle the campus in the most efficient way possible.

Post a Comment